Orange Cao smothered biscuits
The biscuit in this recipe is easy to make, pretty lean and super tasty.
Makes approx. 12 biscuits
- 110g coconut oil (softened)
- 80g Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 140g of flour (I used Buckwheat but any plain flour would be fine)
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Orange Cao (as much as takes your fancy!)
I sometimes add 100g of chopped nuts too.
Preheat oven to 190C/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with parchment.
Cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Add the vanilla extract, egg and one tablespoon of water. Mix in the flour, bicarb and salt and incorporate fully. If you're adding nuts then put them in now.
Use a teaspoon to dollop the mixture on a baking tray. Be sure to leave plenty of space between the biscuits as they spread quite a lot.
Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes but keep an eye on them. Leave to cool and smoother with Orange Cao