A treat that is lovely with a cup of tea (or Cao) and very popular as an after-school energy boost!
This recipe made 6 good size and 6 mini muffins.
- 200g spelt or buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 85ml rice milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of Malt Cao
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 30g cacao nibs
Set oven to 180C. Pop cupcake cases in a muffin tray.
Mix the flour, baking powder and coconut sugar together.
Mash the bananas with the back of a fork and mix with the melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla and Malt Cao.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix in the cacao nibs.
Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. You could allow to cool or you could eat straight away, maybe even with a dollop of ice cream for a delicious pud!